It was my father who taught me how to love listening to music. It was my hunger for new Madonna music that made me listen to the radio day in and day out. It was Kasey Casem and his American Top 40 program that made me a pop music chart addict.
It was back in 1986 when I first heard about the 4-hour American Top 40 show hosted by Kasey Casem being part of the regular programming of a local radio station (93.9 DWKC). One Sunday I decided to listen and True Blue was part of the countdown and that started my Billboard music chart obsession. This led to weekly visits to SM North Edsa-based Odyssey music store to check on the latest TOP 100 the store posted on a weekly basis a photocopy of the latest edition of the chart)
This also led to the discovery of a radio station that became my favorite of all-time….99.5 RT. This was the only station that regularly played songs not only from Casey Kasem’s show but also those that charted outside of the top 40.
This blog would be all about songs that appeared in the Billboard charts from the 1940s to 2010 and entries are dedicated to pop music, to Billboard, Casey Kasem, and my father.
I love, love, love. Welcome back! Andito na ako. :)
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! Thanks. I'm following you na. :)
ReplyDeleteYesss! I will never tire of this site! Alam mo naman, I'm a bigtime sucker for nostalgia! Welcome back and keep 'em coming! :D
ReplyDeletevWhat you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.
ReplyDelete